Thursday, August 11, 2011

Same Thing, Different Day, Different Eye!


Although it’s only been a week or so since I’ve returned from FOB Lane, I feel like there isn’t much to say but I felt obligated to have to post something. Well since I’ve been back I’ve noticed Air Force operations have picked up. 98% of my missions are with the Army SecFor since the Air Force folks were only doing missions to another fob but now they have been on a few foot patrols and a few mounted combat patrols. I went on 2 missions with them for a few photos. They have done a few after that but I went with the SecFor to another fob overnight.

We went to FOB Bullard, which is another fob where one of our detachments is. We went just for one night to drop off some equipment to them. Everything went smooth. I didn’t get the full experience but when I do go over there I’ll post something just for that fob. We had to sleep outside though. It was pretty relaxing to be honest. We just pulled out our cots, sleeping bags, and slept behind the trucks where we parked. The negative side to that is that I’ve counted about 4 mosquito bites thus far. I always get bitten. It’s crappy.

We did a mission while we were there too though. One of our engineers, TSgt Morgan, had to check a few construction sites. 

Curious man to see whats out the window
Sgt Bregel waking up after sleeping by the trucks
Johnny EN-GU-YEN aka Johnny Win!
I lost those oaks. bummers!
Females wear burkas as part of their religion
 
A few days ago we had to medevac 2 civilians. A mid-aged man and a 10 year old boy. Apparently there was a shooting in Qalat City. 4 were claimed dead and the 2 injured that we treated. We treated them quickly on our fob but before we knew it the birds were there to take them to our hospital so it was a quick one. I also heard we had a triple amputee while I was at FOB Lane. Both legs and arms were blown off. Since I wasn’t here there are no photos but for the next time I’ll try to be everywhere at once. ok maybe not. 

This girl has probably seen more stuff than me. who knows.


Capt Leonard and Allen running back for another patient
 
Ramadan began on the 1st of August. This is a religious time for the Afghans. They pray 5 times a day and cannot eat before 3am and can only eat after 7pm, therefore, they are weak and lightheaded most of the day. I applaud the interpreters for still coming out on missions with us and trying to do their best even with the lack of food and nutrition. I know I wouldn’t be able to do it. I’m always starving. I’m actually starving now and I need to go to the gym so I’ll have to cut it short but hopefully you enjoyed this post even a little. Thanks for reading. So long…

Here are some more photos of the normal Qalat patrols. These missions are getting repetitive. Many in my situation rather just not go for the same photos. They are the same things over and over again but it challenges me to have a different eye and hope that something crazy happens. but for now here are some other photos. 

 And 1 of the crew and one of me. Im Done! Till the next one.... Laters Y'all!

Another unexpected capture
Me messing around. like always




1 comment:

  1. Love the photos man keep up the good work and come home soon def could use a partner doing model shoots

    ReplyDelete