Monday, September 26, 2011

So I hit 4,000 Views... Not Bad Not Bad

So i'm pretty glad i hit 4,000 views. The bad thing about it is that I don't update this as much as I should. It's hard to keep track though. Many bloggers have a consistent routine and work schedule. They probably blog around the same time every night or day. Me on the other hand, I can be hanging out around 9pm and get told that i'll be driving at 2 AM to another FOB. Yes it happened thats why I'm saying this. I took a nap and drove that night. So there you have it.

I'm going to be going to Shinkai soon. Thats FOB Sweeney. After this FOB I'll have 2 more left. I should be having one left but one of our squads is going to Mizan now instead. No more FOB Lane.

I'm actually feeling sick. I think it's the flue beacause of the season change. Yep, by midnight it can feel about 50F degrees. Imagine our gunners that night on our way to FOB Bullard. They were freezing. Must of sucked.

Recently, we been kicking in to new villages. We want to know our surroundings as best as possible. Here are a few pics from visiting the news villages.

A Young Boy loving the camera
  
Sgt Bregel doing his thing

Spc Medeiros getting beat in soccer by the Afghan kids

Kids and Soccer
Spc. Santos patrolling
 We had some generals come to the FOB. I'm still waiting on approval on the photos so I can't post them just yet. Our Battle Space Owners are switching units. Now we are gonna have the 82nd Airborne unit in our command. Hopefully it doesn't change anything in my photo lane. I'm not trying to do more work. I'm tired of work. Missions, photos, writing, newsletter, yep im kicking my own butt but it makes time go faster.

These next 3 months need to fly by. I'm going to Australia and it's going to be a blast. Myself and Mike [Lt. Steuart] are planning the trip out already. We'll be hitting up Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast, and Cains all in 15 days. We'll be flying to every location and staying in hostels. I really can't wait. Summer time in January? Can't beat it.

Lets seeee.... I was missing alot because I had to go to Qatar for a conference. Yes it's a cake location. If i ever hear anyone coming back with PTSD from deploying to Qatar... I'm going to wanna kick some butt. That's ridiculous that they even call it a deployment. DQ next to the POOL. yes a POOL. a mall. px. stabucks. arbys, pizza hut. and 3 beers a day. can't beat it. I did get to enjoy that luxury for 6 days so i'm not complaining. i would have rathered stayed back but it is what it is. they made me go.

Idk if you guys know my PRT's Facebook page. Well the link is below. Well i'll put a few links below which includes my personal flickr and our DVIDS page. DVIDS is where i upload all my photos to and have them market it to media like Army.mil, AF.mil, and Time. ETC. below are the link.

PRT Zabul's Facebook Page

My Personal Flickr

PRT Zabul DVIDS Pags

Well there you have it. Not much but I wrote something. My next post should be from Shinkai. Now my sickself will be hitting up my bed and hope this flu thing goes away. I hate being sick. till the next one. A few more photos to leave you with... It's my specialty afterall.


The Afghan Farmer

Afghan National Policeman

Johnny!
Pulling Security with our Tundra Guys. They're awesome Folks.

2 comments:

  1. keep 'em comming man! good work. i hope you will post some of the stuff you shoot when you are in australia! stay safe G!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I showed my grandfather your blog he enjoyed the pictures. Keep up the good work and most importantly be safe bro!
    and like StephenO said, we want to hear about your trip to Australia too!
    - Justin G.

    ReplyDelete