Friday, April 29, 2011

Hurry Up! and Wait!

Hurry up! [then we wait] something we do often here at good ol` Camp Atterbury. Although it is no ones fault in particuclar it is just part of training. Many that have been through any type of military training know it is just a thing we do often. Anyways, I haven't posted in a few days which is why im staying up late to do this quickly. This is just to throw some random stuff out there.

Recently, I went through Combat Life Saver course. It was 4 days long and we had a final exercise at the end to perform under pressure. I went through CLS last year in Iraq and I was pretty upset that we didn't get to perform IVs and stick the Nasopharyngeal down each others noses. Although that feeling SUCKS, it is for good photos. I wasn't really able to shoot during this training because I was part of it and there is no way I can "save a life" and take photos at the same time. I love photography but I rather save one of my battle buddies. Here is some  random stuff...


Airman 1st Class Fuerst prepares to drive this 1151. I'll have to say
he is an awesome graffiti artist


Airman 1st Class Steven Armenta prepares to conduct a fire
evactuation off the HUMVEE


SSgt Wishnewski prepares to evacuate the 1151
during a fire evac exercise


SSgt Curtis Sutton calls in a 9-line report during an exercise.
 Today, we did do HUMVEE rollover training. Now THAT was fun [and a little painful]. Unfortunately, I am not able to take photos in there because of operational security reasons but let's just say we rolled over in a HUMVEE and many people loved then personal protective equipment on the way out of the upside down HUMVEE. I know I did.

Here and there god answers my prayers. Sometimes he doesn't because he wants me to learn the hard way so life can be challenging like it is for everyone else, but earlier this week he answered a prayer for me without me having to ask. He put a beautiful photo in front of my face, all I had to do was snap the camera and MAGIC! IT was there. This is the funny part to this. I was walking with my towel and shirt off to the showers [obviously had my stuff to clean my body]. As I was about to turn to the showers I heard someone playing a guitar. I look at the other side of the bay and I see SSG Mader playing his guitar. He was in perfect position wit the perfect lighting. I quickly ran back to my rack [bed] and put my stuff down and run back with my camera to the other side. On my way all I hear is "Woah Woah Woah! Where you going with that camera [tower still over my shoulder so it looked wrong and my shirt off]. Obviously, I explained myself but I thought it was a funny moment because of what it appeared I was going to do. You nasty minds! So this is the photo.


SSG Mader plays his guitar. He has opened for disturbed and
many more. I forget
 Ok so by now you have seen the poor photo on the right side of my header. Yes, I know it sucks but I wanted to fill it in for now until I get in country and get a photo of my actually near the border of Afghanistan. Until then, that photo will have to do. Well this concludes my short post. The next 4 days will be intense and in the field alot so be ready for some of that fun stuff. Time to wake up in 4 hours!!!

=]


A regular day for me. YES! that's my HD Go Pro. Still need practice with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment