Sunday, May 8, 2011

Did you get any good pics?

I've been a photographer for about 3 years but never in my life have I heard this line so much, "did you get any good pics?"

I mean it's no one's fault it's just something normal for someone to ask the photographer of the unit. But DANG! lol I do hear it alot. It's not bad though. All I do is respond, "Come on! Look who you talkin` to!" I got to keep it funny, I'm really not that cocky.

Anyways!!! I'm sorry I haven't been updating this as much as I wish. It's tough to keep dragging my work computer from my barracks to the work center back and forth and it's a fragile piece of equipment I definitely have to take care of. Plus, we do have some longgg days where last thing I think about is photos but I'll try to stay motivated. Especially since there is alot of 'hurry up and wait'. You know what I mean if you read my last post. If you didn't, GO BACK!

So recently, we have done ALOT of training believe it or not. And I'm going to go in order. This post should be long by the end but then again it is 0100 and I need to wake up at 0530 for chow and more training. This is what I'm doing for y'all.

Some of us did Combat Life Saver training. It was some cool stuff. I've done it before but I will not compare the 2 classes [for my own good] lol. I was part of the class [i think i mentioned that in my previous post] but I was able to take a few frames of the following class so here they go...


Pulling Security during CLS


Airmen rush to get a patient onto a HUMVEE


Airman 1st Class Todd Fuerst gets dragged through the mud
and this is the result of it.


Master Sgt. Laun checks the patient's heartbeat during a
CLS exercise

Tech. Sgt. Garcia treats a patient during a CLS exercise


Master Sgt. Laun covers an open chest wound during
a CLS exercise
 So CLS was a success. We all got a 'Go'. Not surprised though because everyone gets a 'Go'. Haha! Well after CLS class we had mounted patrol with different scenarios thrown at us to test our reaction. I'll have to admit that I definitely did not shoot as much because I had to take part in the training. Like I've mentioned before, it's a juggle.  Here goes a few more 'good pix' as my PRT like to call it.


PRT Zabul receives instructions for the exercise


PRT Zabul gunners are ready to depart for training


Senior Airman Thorton prepares to take his place during an exercise


So we were just walking to the vehicle and I told him around and pose.
This is what happens when you have a few minutes to spare and want to
bash on the driver that gets us stuck in the mud [he hates me now-lol]


Staff Sgt. Giles takes a nap on the way back to the barracks after
a long day of training


Staff Sgt. Giles listens to instructions prior to departure
 After this training we had MORE training. but hey, what's new. That's what we're here for. You will also see in MOST of my photos that it is raining. I didn't lie when I said 'if it ain't raining, we ain't training'. It is alwaysss raining here. It sucks! [in my opinion]. We have manyyyyy early mornings and many times with little sleep but they can result in some good images. Not saying mine are good but they can be good images. and more...


Vehicles are ready to depart for another early morning of training


Staff Sgts Sutton and Fryson load a vehicle to depart for training


Airmen load and unload the vehicle

Private Washington speaks to a battle buddy about the day's exercise


Airmen and Soldiers wait for instructions on the day's exercise


A couple of HUMVEEs


Our morning meet
 Ok so it is now 0147 and I have a ton of photos left to show y'all but unfortunately I need a few hours of sleep to function tomorrow so I will leave you with these. I do have more photos to show you all. Stay tuned for them to be post in the next blog. The next blog will either be tomorrow night or the night after. Just as a little hint, they will be photos of Gunnery Skills Training and all gunners were able to use live rounds. That's always fun. Well hope you all are enjoying my blog as I update it. If not let me know how I can improve it. Also, I am thick skinned so feel free to critique me on my photography because I can always get better. RAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment